
President Trump just gave Iran one more chance.
He said Monday that a U.S. military strike on Iran had been scheduled for Tuesday, but he called it off after Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates asked him to allow serious negotiations to continue.
The message to Tehran was direct: the strike is paused, not forgotten.
Trump said the military remains ready for a full, large-scale assault if Iran refuses an acceptable deal that ends its nuclear threat.
AP moved the breaking alert as soon as Trump announced the decision.
BREAKING: President Trump says he’s called off an Iran strike planned for Tuesday at the request of Gulf allies to allow for “serious negotiations.” https://t.co/2t8CYfrxUM
— The Associated Press (@AP) May 18, 2026
This is what peace through strength looks like.
Trump had the strike ready. Then the leaders of three key Gulf nations personally asked him to hold fire because they believe a deal can
Continue reading
Join the conversation!
Please share your thoughts about this article below. We value your opinions, and would love to see you add to the discussion!