Pentagon reduces European brigades but says it maintains ‘strong’ presence in Poland

Pentagon reduces European brigades but says it maintains ‘strong’ presence in Poland


image

The Pentagon announced it had reduced its number of European brigades to 2021 levels but stressed it will maintain a “strong” presence in Poland despite a delayed troop deployment there.

The Trump administration had been hinting at a drawdown of U.S. forces in Europe after most NATO allies failed to aid the U.S. war with Iran. Pentagon spokesman Sean Parnell announced on Tuesday that the United States had decreased the number of brigade combat teams from four to three, which was the U.S. posture until an additional one was deployed in response to the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Trending: BREAKING: President Trump Posts Picture Of Himself With Big Grey Alien On TruthSocial

“This decision was the result of a comprehensive, multilayered process focused on U.S. force posture in Europe. This is resulting in a temporary delay of the deployment of U.S. forces to Poland, which is a model U.S. ally,” Parnell said.

“The Department will determine the final disposition of these and other U.S. forces in

Continue reading

 

Join the conversation!

Please share your thoughts about this article below. We value your opinions, and would love to see you add to the discussion!