A man who recently received Jesus Christ had his hands cut off last month by his Islamic relatives in eastern Uganda.
Kalegeya Faruku, 40, was attacked on the evening of April 17 in Jinja, Uganda, according to a May 8 report from Morning Star News.
Just weeks earlier, he had surrendered his life to Jesus.
“My family members were not happy,” Faruku told an unnamed contact for Morning Star News.
“They became very angry and started sending me threatening messages about taking my life.”
Faruku said he returned home on April 17 to retrieve some belongings before retreating to safety, seeking refuge with the friend who had shared the gospel with him.
But he was ambushed upon his arrival.
“I found my brothers waiting for me, as if they had been informed,” Faruku recounted.
“My elder brother approached me and pretended to ask about my whereabouts. Suddenly, he grabbed me,
Continue reading
Join the conversation!
Please share your thoughts about this article below. We value your opinions, and would love to see you add to the discussion!