Lincoln Project co-founder George Conway calls for group to be shut down

Lincoln Project co-founder George Conway calls for group to be shut down


WASHINGTON — Lincoln Project co-founder George Conway called for an investigation into the organization on Tuesday in the wake of a mounting sexual harassment scandal, tweeting: “THE LYING HAS TO STOP.”

Conway sought to put distance between himself and reports that the leaders of the anti-Trump Republican PAC knew about sexual harassment allegations against ousted co-founder John Weaver as early as last June before they first emerged in media reports last month.

“An investigation is necessary. But it has to be thorough, and not a whitewash. And—THE LYING HAS TO STOP,” Conway wrote in a Tuesday tweet.

Trending: Manuel Johnson: I Saw Airforce One Pick Up Trump and Bring Him Back In!

“It’s clear now that, as early last *MARCH*, the people who were in operational control of the Lincoln Project were told of Weaver’s predations. Enough is enough. LP needs to waive the NDAs and come clean,” he said.

George Conway, one of the Lincoln Project co-founders, has called for an investigation into the PAC.Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images

At least three of the group’s

Continue reading

You Might Like

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!
Thanks for sharing!
Send this to a friend