
The Department of Justice announced on Thursday that it swore in a record number of new immigration judges, as the Trump administration seeks to deport a historic number of illegal immigrants.
The Executive Office for Immigration Review said over 80 judges were onboarded, marking the largest immigration judge class in the office’s history. The move will enable deportation cases to move faster through the system, allowing Washington to fast-track its immigration agenda, after White House border czar Tom Homan revealed earlier this week that a record 800,000 illegal immigrants have already been removed from the United States.
Trending: BREAKING: Sinkhole Shuts Down Runway At Major U.S. Airport
“The Trump administration is committed to reestablishing an immigration judge corps that is dedicated to restoring the rule to the law in our nation’s immigration system,” Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche said in a statement hailing President Donald Trump’s actions on immigration reform. “This could only happen thanks to President Trump’s decisive leadership and commitment to
Continue reading
Join the conversation!
Please share your thoughts about this article below. We value your opinions, and would love to see you add to the discussion!