Tyson suspends plant managers over claims of COVID-19 betting pool

Tyson suspends plant managers over claims of COVID-19 betting pool


Tyson Foods on Thursday suspended top officials at its largest pork plant amid claims that they had a betting pool on how many workers at the facility would contract the coronavirus during a widespread outbreak.

The company’s president and CEO, Dean Banks, said he was “extremely upset” about the allegations against managers at the Waterloo, Iowa, plant — adding that a law firm had been hired to conduct an investigation.

“If these claims are confirmed, we’ll take all measures necessary to root out and remove this disturbing behavior from our company,” Banks said in a statement.

Trending: What Was In Those Bush Sr. Funeral Envelopes and Why Did Mike Pence Get One?

He said the company had suspended “the individuals allegedly involved” without pay, but did not elaborate.

The sordid allegations surfaced in a recently amended wrongful death lawsuit that accused Waterloo plant manager Tom Hart of organizing a winner-take-all pool for higher-ups to wager on how many employees would get infected with COVID-19.

Hart allegedly set up the twisted betting system last spring as

Continue reading

You Might Like

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!
Send this to a friend