President Trump said Friday he does not believe the late Herman Cain caught the coronavirus at his late-June rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
“No, I don’t think he did,” Mr. Trump told White House reporters as he departed for Florida.
It’s unclear where Mr. Cain, who was 74, contracted the disease, though the June 20 rally was panned by some as an ill-advised gathering in the middle of a pandemic.
Mr. Cain, a cancer survivor and the former CEO of Godfather’s Pizza, received his positive test on June 29 and was hospitalized in early July. He had been receiving oxygen treatment.
Sign up for Daily Newsletters