Locals from Texas City, Texas, came together to help the residents of two senior living apartment complexes whose residents had no electricity for four days. Welfare checks conducted by city officials resulted in one life being saved from possible carbon monoxide poisoning and three others being transported to hospitals.
“It was a great community-wide effort to bring help to these seniors who have been suffering the cold with no electricity,” Texas City Emergency Management Director Tom Munoz told Breitbart Texas. “We conducted welfare checks, provided ‘warming buses,’ and hot meals for some very grateful seniors.”
Munoz said Texas City ISD, Gulf Coast Transportation Authority, the Red Cross, United Way and other community partners teamed up to help the residents of the Mansion on Moses Lake and the Village at Morningstar who had been without electricity for days.
“Morningstar got electricity back this morning,” Munoz said. “Officials are still working on