Teenager’s death due to spicy chip social media challenge, autopsy says

Teenager’s death due to spicy chip social media challenge, autopsy says


A 14-year-old died last year from ingesting a chip with a high spice factor as part of a social media challenge, according to an autopsy obtained in a report.

Harris Wolobah, a 10th grader from Worcester, Massachusetts, died on Sept. 1, 2023, after eating a Paqui tortilla chip with a high amount of chili pepper extract, according to the Associated Press. The chip was sold as part of a “One Chip Challenge” on social media, in which the consumer eats the chip and does not resort to drinking water or milk to combat the pain.

The challenge was popular online and is similar to the YouTube show Hot Ones, in which celebrities such as Tom Holland, Jennifer Lawrence, and Billie Eilish eat spicy hot wings

Trending: Out-of-State Officials Storm Rudy Giuliani’s 80th Birthday Party, Indict Him in Front of Startled Guests: Report

Continue reading


 

Join the conversation!

Please share your thoughts about this article below. We value your opinions, and would love to see you add to the discussion!