A 13-year-old Oregon girl was hospitalized after she suffered severe burns while trying to attempt a TikTok challenge, her family said.
Destini Crane, of Portland, had brought a candle, lighter and rubbing alcohol into her family’s bathroom to try to recreate a popular video in which someone uses flammable liquid on a mirror to draw a shape and then lights it on fire, ABC News reported Saturday.
“I was in the living room talking with my mom, and I heard her scream my name,” her mother, Kimberly Crane, told the outlet. “So I went and opened the bathroom door and everything was on fire. Destini was on fire. Things in the bathroom were on fire.”
She pulled the teen into the living room where she ripped off her shirt, while her neighbor called 911, the outlet reported.
The teen was brought to the hospital, where she has been in the intensive care unit since the May 13 incident to