A “potential security threat” that sent the military base at Pearl Harbor into emergency lockdown Tuesday was sparked by two phoned-in bomb threats, according to a report.
Gates at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam near Honolulu were closed and personnel were ordered to shelter in place after calls claiming there was an explosive on the destroyer USS William P. Lawrence, which is in dry dock, the Honolulu Star-Advertiser reported.
Authorities sent in bomb-sniffing dogs to scour the ship and the surrounding area but no bombs were found, the Star-Advertiser said.
Hours later, the military base said on Twitter that the “all clear” had been given.
A “person of interest” was questioned by authorities but was found to not be involved in making the threats, the outlet said.
The massive base is home to both Hickam US Air Force Base and US Naval Station Pearl Harbor.Alamy Stock Photo
Officials said tours of the USS Arizona Memorial, which had