Prince Philip hospitalized with infection, Buckingham Palace says

Prince Philip hospitalized with infection, Buckingham Palace says


Prince Philip is being treated for an infection and is not expected to be released from the hospital for several days, Buckingham Palace said Tuesday.

The Duke of Edinburgh, 99, Queen Elizabeth II’s husband, was admitted to London’s King Edward VII’s Hospital last Tuesday as a precautionary measure when he felt unwell.

The palace finally issued a brief statement Tuesday explaining the reason for his hospitalization and noted he is “comfortable and responding to treatment,” the BBC reports

Trending: Bannon: Time To Prepare For Transition Of Power From Biden To Harris

The queen, 94, and the duke already received their COVID-19 vaccines last month and the prince’s stay isn’t related to the coronavirus.

The aging royal couple have been locked up at Windsor Castle with a small household staff throughout most of the pandemic. 

The duke, who’s a few months shy of his hundredth birthday and celebrated his 73rd anniversary with the queen last November, reportedly walked into the hospital unaided, a palace source previously told the BBC. 

Prince Philip was initially

Continue reading

You Might Like

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!
Thanks for sharing!
Send this to a friend