HILLSBOROUGH, N.J. — New Jersey officials aren’t aware of any COVID-19 outbreak stemming from the campaign fundraiser President Donald Trump held recently at his Bedminster golf club, Gov. Phil Murphy said Tuesday.
More than 200 donors and staff were at the Oct. 1 event. The Democratic governor said state and county officials have been working to contact all attendees but have not heard of any cases that trace back to the event.
The White House said last week that the president did not have any contact with anyone that would be considered close, based on CDC guidelines.
Murphy echoed his calls last week for the federal government to provide more help to local officials.
“We’ve done everything we can do. Somerset county … has done everything they can do as has Bedminster,” he said. “We’re not aware of any outbreaks.”
The president held the event at the club just hours before he announced he tested positive for the virus.