NJ governor says no COVID-19 outbreak links to Trump’s Bedminster event

NJ governor says no COVID-19 outbreak links to Trump’s Bedminster event


New Jersey officials have not detected any coronavirus outbreaks linked to President Trump’s fundraiser at his Bedminster golf club earlier this month, the state’s governor said.

Speaking to reporters Tuesday at a press conference alongside Sen. Bob Menendez (D-NJ) and Rep. Tom Malinowski (D-NJ), Gov. Phil Murphy said, “We’re not aware of any outbreaks” before calling the federal response to the pandemic “extremely disappointing.”

Murphy made the comment just over a week after he announced that state officials were investigating whether the commander-in-chief’s event violated state coronavirus rules.

Trending: FACT CHECK: Did Senator Rob Donaldson Give A Speech Opposing Amy Coney Barrett’s Nomination?

At the time, Murphy excoriated the president and his campaign for hosting the event after senior adviser Hope Hicks tested positive before revealing the probe.

“The President & his staff acted recklessly in coming to New Jersey knowing that they had been exposed to someone with a confirmed positive test. We hope that no confirmed cases come out of the event in Bedminster,” Murphy’s first tweet began.

After explaining what the

Continue reading

You Might Like

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!
Send this to a friend