It turns out that not even the rage of Tom Cruise was enough to keep “Mission: Impossible 7” from being shut down.
In a statement on Thursday, a Paramount spokesperson said production for the spy franchise sequel was halted after positive COVID-19 test results.
“We have temporarily halted production on ‘Mission: Impossible 7’ until June 14th, due to positive coronavirus test results during routine testing,” the spokesperson said, as reported by Fox News. “We are following all safety protocols and will continue to monitor the situation.”
The spokesperson did not specify how many people tested positive for the virus.
The Sun reports that Tom Cruise has gone into self-isolation and is “absolutely fuming about what’s happened, especially given his rant to his staff last year.”
“It’s going to badly affect filming and they’ll be playing catch-up when they finally come back,” an insider close to the situation said.
In December of last year, while filming the movie, audio was released of Tom Cruise excoriating members