Military Newspaper Stars and Stripes Spared from Chopping Block After Trump Tweet

Military Newspaper Stars and Stripes Spared from Chopping Block After Trump Tweet


News

The Defense Department is rescinding its order to shut down the military’s independent newspaper, Stars and Stripes, in the wake of a tweet late last week by President Donald Trump vowing to continue funding the paper.

In an email to Stripes’ publisher Max Lederer, Army Col. Paul Haverstick said the paper does not have to submit a plan to close.

Trending: WATCH: Jerry Nadler Appears To Soil Himself As He Waddles Away From Podium

Haverstick, acting director of the Pentagon’s Defense Media Activity, said a formal memo is being drafted that will rescind the order to halt publication by Sept. 30 and dissolve the organization by the end of January. The Associated Press obtained Haverstick’s email.

“The memo will be provided once it is completed and properly vetted and approved within the Department,” Haverstick’s email read. “We are trying to get this

Continue reading

You Might Like

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!