Man whom Matt Gaetz accused of $25M request confirms bizarre documents but says it was not extortion

Man whom Matt Gaetz accused of $25M request confirms bizarre documents but says it was not extortion


A key figure in the subplot surrounding the Matt Gaetz scandal, whom the Florida congressman accused of being part of an extortion scheme against him, confirmed the authenticity of a text message and documents relating to seeking a $25 million loan but denied that it was an extortion attempt against his family.

“I never threatened the man. Matter of fact, it was the opposite. I told him if he decides not to help us, he’ll never hear from me again,” Bob Kent, a former Air Force intelligence officer, said in an interview with Michael Smerconish on Monday.

Federal authorities are reportedly investigating whether Gaetz had sex with a 17-year-old and whether he paid women found on the website Seeking Arrangement for sex, allegations that Gaetz has repeatedly denied. When news of the investigation broke in the New York Times last week, Gaetz said that he suspected the timing of the news was intended to thwart

Trending: Here We Go Again: Police Shoot 15-Year Old Black Girl in Columbus; Here are the Facts

Continue reading

You Might Like

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!
Thanks for sharing!
Send this to a friend