Florida condo death toll hits 32 as Tropical Storm Elsa threatens search

Florida condo death toll hits 32 as Tropical Storm Elsa threatens search


Four more bodies have been pulled from the rubble of the collapsed Florida condominium building, pushing the confirmed death toll to 32, officials announced Tuesday.

Family members were told about the additional deaths during a closed-door briefing in the morning, fire officials said.

Miami-Dade County Mayor Daniella Levine Cava confirmed the latest tally at a press conference at the site, which is still under threat from Tropical Storm Elsa.

Trending: BREAKING: House Republicans Move to “Vacate” Pelosi’s Chair, End “Authoritarian Reign”

Cava said that only 26 of the 32 now confirmed dead have been formally identified so far.

The new body count still leaves 113 people “potentially unaccounted for” as rescuers dig for the 13th day through the rubble of the Champlain Towers South Condo in Surfside.

“Of that 113, only around 70 of those are people we have been able to confirm were in fact in the building during the collapse,” Cava noted.

“Every single life that has been lost is a beloved family friend, a best friend, someone’s child

Continue reading

You Might Like

Daily Truth Report • DailyTruthReport.com
Thanks for sharing!
Send this to a friend