An Indiana community helped a family of five rebuild their lives after their home burned down in February.
It all started when the family’s garage caught fire in February.
“I noticed the door to my garage was on fire, and there was smoke coming from the bottom,” Ashley Calhoun told WSBT. “It was at that point I panicked, but mommy mode kicked in, and we had to get out of the house.”
Smoke encompassed the house, and everything in the garage was damaged for good.
For the next two-and-a-half months, the family was displaced and had to stay in a hotel.
The Calhoun family just recently moved back into their home, but most of the items inside it have been donated by the community or her children’s school.
“Some of the people who have donated know us personally but a lot of people who did, they don’t,