Dozens of moviegoers became sick from carbon monoxide at a theater in eastern China, local media reported Thursday.
At least 63 people were exposed to excessive levels of odorless gas during a film at New Square Movie Theater Wednesday evening in the city of Dongyang, according to state-affiliated Global Times.
Some of the moviegoers began experiencing symptoms such as fainting and vomiting — and they were rushed to the hospital, the outlet reported.
None of the cases have resulted in fatalities, it added.
The movie theater, which had been recently built, has suspended operations while the cause of the incident is under investigation.
At least 63 people were exposed to carbon monoxide at New Square Movie Theater in Dongyang, China.Newsflare