Capitol police extract man from suspicious vehicle outside Supreme Court

Capitol police extract man from suspicious vehicle outside Supreme Court

Capitol police removed a man from a suspicious vehicle in front of the Supreme Court building in Washington, DC, on Tuesday, after warning the public to avoid the area. 

At around 9:51 a.m., police issued their first warning on Twitter, telling people to stay away from the Supreme Court along First Street NE. 

Shortly after, police announced several road closures on First Street between Independence Avenue SE and Constitution Avenue NE; Second Street between East Capitol Street and Constitution Avenue NE; and East Capitol Street between First and Second Streets NE.

Trending: Dr. Stella Immanuel: “The Whole Pandemic Was A TROJAN HORSE For Vaccines – Fauci Is Epitome Of Evil.”

The driver of the SUV, identified as Dale Paul Melvin, 55, from Kimball, Michigan, was extracted from the vehicle around 11 a.m. 

“BREAKING: One of our teams just moved in and extracted the man from the SUV. The man is in custody. Everyone is safe,” Capitol Police posted to Twitter. 

Before police removed Melvin from the vehicle, officials planned to “disrupt” the SUV, warning passersby of a “loud bang,” saying there was no cause for alarm and no need for any action by congressional staff. 

Police take Dale Paul Melvin into custody after he barricaded himself in his van outside the Supreme Court. CNN Police closed down several streets and warned everyone to stay away. CNN Several reporters in the area said there was smoke coming out of Dale Paul Melvin’s van. Shawn Thew/EPA Officials warned that they were going to “disrupt” the SUV and that there would be a loud bang.Shawn Thew/EPA

Shortly after, reporters nearby could see smoke coming from the blocked-off area.

Continue reading

You Might Like


Join the conversation!

Please share your thoughts about this article below. We value your opinions, and would love to see you add to the discussion!

Thanks for sharing!
Send this to a friend