The discovery of a mass grave of more than 200 Indigenous children at a boarding school in British Columbia has sent shockwaves through Canada.
The burial site, which includes 215 bodies — some as young as 3 years old — was discovered this week with the help of ground-penetrating radar at the site of the former Kamloops Indian Residential School, which was run by the Roman Catholic Church from 1890 to 1978.
It’s no secret that similar institutions across the country — attended by at least 150,000 children — were considered rife with forced labor and physical, emotional and sexual abuse.
But the grisly find is prompting fresh calls from advocates for answers.
Chief Rosanne Casimir of the Tk’emlups te Secwepemc First Nation, who went to the site last week in Kamloops, told The Post Saturday the community is “raw and hurting” after learning of the mass grave.
“The impact of this find was devastating,” Casimir said. “It’s hard