11-year-old boy dies of suspected hypothermia in Texas power outage

11-year-old boy dies of suspected hypothermia in Texas power outage


An 11-year-old boy died of suspected hypothermia when his mobile home lost power during the historic cold snap that’s washed over Texas.

Cristian Pavon Peneda was found dead in his bed Monday — after spending some time out in the snow for the first time in his life, his family told the Houston Chronicle.

It was his “first time [seeing snow],” his mother, Maria Elisa Pineda, said Thursday. “That’s why he was excited outside. Everything was well. He was happy that day. He was not at all sick.”

Trending: WATCH: Biden Freezes Up, Short Circuits and Fails To Reboot!

But the mobile home where his family — who had moved to Texas from Honduras two years ago — was staying in Conroe lost power early Monday, as temperatures plunged into the single digits.

The tragic sixth-grader died in a bed he’d shared with his 3-year-old stepbrother, who was fine.

“He was already dead,” Pineda recalled of finding her boy’s lifeless body around 2 p.m. Monday.

An autopsy on Cristian’s body

Continue reading

You Might Like

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!
Thanks for sharing!
Send this to a friend